HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read
HardwareZonePH on Facebook

A Meme For A Mean Motherboard - Join and Get a Chance to Win a Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP4 TH!

Old 13-10-2012, 12:11 AM   #106
littlelion

We thank you for sending us your entries! Give us some time to evaluate them and we'll announce the winner.
littlelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2012, 11:52 AM   #107
moabiouz

Exciting contest. Fingers-crossed on this one
Good luck to all!
moabiouz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2012, 12:18 PM   #108
neesnu

Goodluck everyone.. and Thank you HardwareZonePH for the chance
neesnu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2012, 05:35 PM   #109
organoid

There is no winner yet for this contest?

thanks...
organoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2012, 05:42 PM   #110
littlelion

Thanks for the notice. The winner will be announced sometime this week.

There is no winner yet for this contest?

thanks...
Old 17-10-2012, 05:56 PM   #111
littlelion

Smile Contest Winner

We have finally chosen the winner of A Meme For A Mean Motherboard contest. He is no other than Keith John Mendoza a.k.a. mynameiskeeet. His prize is a Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP4 TH motherboard. Congratulations!

Once again, we thank everyone who have joined the contest and submitted their entries. You too can win prizes by joining our current promotion. You can check it out here: http://gohwz.ws/RqNzqk
Old 17-10-2012, 06:04 PM   #112
organoid

7. HardwareZone Philippines will be the judging panel to select the winner. The criteria are:

• Creativity – 30%
• Wittiness – 25%
• Uniqueness – 25%
• Popularity – 20%
Does HardwareZonePH base their judging on the criteria? Or they're just choosing which they like most.
Is the declared winner gets all the criteria? Am I seeing this right?

Last edited by organoid; 18-10-2012 at 11:23 PM..
Old 17-10-2012, 07:19 PM   #113
mynameiskeeet

We have finally chosen the winner of A Meme For A Mean Motherboard contest. He is no other than Keith John Mendoza a.k.a. mynameiskeeet. His prize is a Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP4 TH motherboard. Congratulations!

Once again, we thank everyone who have joined the contest and submitted their entries. You too can win prizes by joining our current promotion. You can check it out here: http://gohwz.ws/RqNzqk
Thank you so much hardwarezonePH! naiiyak na ko ) di ako makapaniwala na mapapanalunan ko ang board na to. Nagpaid off ang pagna-9gag ko. wahahhaha. Thank you )
mynameiskeeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2012, 10:15 PM   #114
tnecniv102

congrats to the winner... enjoy your brand new board...
tnecniv102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2012, 06:39 AM   #115
organoid

5. The meme should be intended to promote Gigabyte and Gigabyte products.
And another thing that disappoint me and the participants as well is that the "declared winner" did not promote the GIGABYTE product well enough. How can someone or anyone know if that meme is intend to promote GIGABYTE product by just simply looking at it? If I'm not familiar with Gigabyte and i saw that meme, will I know that its from GIGABYTE?

Thanks and More Power!
Old 19-10-2012, 02:50 PM   #116
monyang

And another thing that disappoint me and the participants as well is that the "declared winner" did not promote the GIGABYTE product well enough. How can someone or anyone know if that meme is intend to promote GIGABYTE product by just simply looking at it? If I'm not familiar with Gigabyte and i saw that meme, will I know that its from GIGABYTE?

Yeah he's right. How we'll know if that meme is promoting Gigabyte motherboard which is indicated in your mechanics. If I'm not mistaken we are intend to promote Gigabyte and Gigabyte product right? HardwarezonePH can you tell me where did you base your evaluation on choosing which will be your contest winner? I'm very disappointed with the result upon looking at it, is that from Gigabyte? Who would know? Even an elementary student can do that.
This is not fair for those who make an effort on creating memes that promotes the said product. HardwarezonePH is that how you evaluate?
monyang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2012, 05:26 PM   #117
littlelion

@monyang and @organoid

Contests such as this are subjective in nature. Our perception is different from yours and your opinions are respected. The winning entry clearly promotes a Gigabyte product, which is the Z77X-UP4 TH, and it meets all the criteria.

Our collective decision is final and it is not designed to make everyone happy.
Old 19-10-2012, 05:50 PM   #118
organoid

Thumbs down

The winning entry clearly promotes a Gigabyte product, which is the Z77X-UP4 TH, and it meets all the criteria.
Clearly promotes a Gigabyte product? In what way? As far as I know promoting is like advertising, you advertise the product and tell what is the product all about.
Like i told earlier, If I'm not familiar with Gigabyte and upon looking on the "winning entry" how will I know if that is from Gigabyte? What is it promoting?
It meets all the criteria? How come?

Is that creative? I dont think so, many other entries is more creative than that.
Is it unique? maybe but others are more unique than that right?
Is it witty? maybe but others are more funnier than that right?
Is it popular? maybe, but other entry is more popular base on the fb likes right?

Your right we do have different perceptions, but this contest has its mechanics that needs to be follow 100%. And this contest needs to base their judging on the criteria respectfully.

I'm just disappointed that Hardwarezone PH is not making the right evaluation on their participants.

Last edited by organoid; 19-10-2012 at 11:10 PM..
Old 21-10-2012, 07:18 PM   #119
jhepoyskee

No offense meant but it's not your call, I can't see your join date but as you can see I have joined a lot of contests from hwZ and though I felt that I could have won, I have to respect the panel's decision.

Also joining the contest or any contest there is only one winner. You just have to move on and take everything you can learn from the failure so that you can apply it the next time you join any contest.
jhepoyskee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2012, 09:59 PM   #120
organoid

Thumbs down

No offense meant but it's not your call, I can't see your join date but as you can see I have joined a lot of contests from hwZ and though I felt that I could have won, I have to respect the panel's decision.

Also joining the contest or any contest there is only one winner. You just have to move on and take everything you can learn from the failure so that you can apply it the next time you join any contest.

I've seen a lot of contest like this and they've chosen which is the BEST in all aspect. And if someone did not follow the mechanics, of course it will be forfeited. But here in HwZPH I'm disappointed with how they evaluate and how they handle their contest. I think they didn't follow their own criteria for judging. Will you choose a crappy,slow speed, low storage memory flash drive over a durable, high speed high memory storage flash drive? I mean, why would they chose an effortlessly created meme? There are many other participants who make an effort on being creative and full of thoughts. But Why?

Yeah I know there could only be one. But the one they chose is? You decide. This is not a failure. This is Bad luck.