HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read
HardwareZonePH on Facebook

ySiG Student Edition - Join and Stand A Chance to Win a Samsung Galaxy S Wi-Fi 4.2!

Old 19-07-2012, 11:25 AM   #1
littlelion

Thumbs up ySiG Student Edition - Join and Stand A Chance to Win a Samsung Galaxy S Wi-Fi 4.2!

We’re past mid 2012 and we’re certain that students are now in full swing doing research, catching up with deadlines, and spending time with their friends and classmates. Today, in the digital age where virtually everything is fast-paced and dynamic, students must always be hooked up to the Internet to keep them enriched with relevant information and connected to their social networks on Facebook or Twitter.

One of the best ways to do these is through an Android device. However, many students are still reluctant of getting one because of the impression that they are too complicated.

Positively, with an aim to make technology more accessible to everyone, Samsung has come up with a fun, easy-to-use Android-based handheld device that would fit students’ needs – the Samsung Galaxy S Wi-Fi 4.2!

A timely offering for students, the Galaxy S Wi-Fi 4.2 allows users to connect to the Internet, be entertained with its multimedia capabilities, meet people and share ideas through social media.

Running on Android 2.3 (Gingerbread), the Galaxy S Wi-Fi 4.2 comes with an ample 4.2-inch touchscreen display, 2-megapixel camera, and 8GB built-in storage with a microSD slot for expansion. With this device, students can also regularly access Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube, thanks to its Wi-Fi connectivity.

Interested about the Samsung Galaxy S Wi-Fi 4.2? In this edition of ‘You Say, I Give’ (ySiG), HardwareZone.com.ph, in partnership with Samsung Philippines, is giving away a Galaxy S Wi-Fi 4.2 to one lucky student! Simply participate in the discussion and stand a chance to bring one home!

Mechanics

1. ‘You Say, I Give Student Edition’ is open to Filipino students who are currently residing in the Philippines and are of legal age. Participants must be currently enrolled this academic year in any school in the Philippines.

2. Join the HardwareZone.com.ph Forums section by signing up for an account. If you are already a member, simply proceed to the ‘You Say, I Give Student Edition’ thread.

3. Like HardwareZone.com.ph’s and Samsung Mobile Philippines’ fan page on Facebook.

4. The Forums’ Administrator/s will post a main question on the contest thread. Additional questions will be posted to spur further discussion.

5. Forum members may post responses and questions after the Administrator/s posted the main question as well as the additional questions.

6. HardwareZone Philippines will be the judging panel to select the winners. They will be selected based on the relevance of their responses, regardless of whether that they answer the main question or the additional questions.

7. The winner must not be related to HardwareZone Philippines or Samsung Philippines in any way.

8. Winners must personally claim the prize in HardwareZone Philippines’ office.

9. The campaign is subject to HardwareZone.com.ph’s terms and conditions regarding contests and lucky draws.

10. ySiG will end on the 20th of August 2012 at 11:59PM. Forum members may still post responses after the deadline but they will be no longer valid as promo entries after the specified deadline.
littlelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2012, 11:31 AM   #2
littlelion

Shown in the photo is the Samsung Galaxy S Wi-Fi 4.2. Based on the images alone, as a student, what do you expect from it?

littlelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2012, 11:54 AM   #3
ferdinand_dti

I was student more than 10 years ago but still a student at heart today. I still love music very much which accompanied me during the long hours of puyatan while doing my college thesis. A quick look at the photo, with the rewind, pause and fast forward buttons visible makes me remember my old cassette tape player. So this makes me expect that Samsung Galaxy S Wi-Fi 4.2, will give me a hi-tech experience in entertainment, among others.
ferdinand_dti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2012, 11:56 AM   #4
mrbrightside288

as a student, I would expect a fast wireless connection in order for me to browse for information I need, and also a clear and smooth display for viewing document files.
mrbrightside288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2012, 12:33 PM   #5
arlene___

With all the slideshows presented to us in all our classes, I have to find a way to make sure that I can easily access them whenever I need them. Sure, a laptop can be used to view all the documents and references I need for my studies; but with a hectic schedule, running around campus lugging around a 6.8 pound laptop isn't really practical, and it isn't worth straining my back for it. With the new Samsung Galaxy S and it's 4.2 inch wide screen, viewing all my slideshows for all my classes will be a breeze.

Apart from the widescreen, its media player can be a very helpful tool for me spends weekends travelling from Los Banos to Rizal. My weekly 6 hour ride to and From Los Banos to my home can be a lot less straining when I have 8 gB worth of entertainment at my fingertips.
arlene___ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2012, 04:20 PM   #6
makz24

As a student, I expect the Samsung Galaxy S WiFi 4.2 to be amazingly fast and have a very good sound quality. Also, This is the first Android device that will compete with the iPod Touch, so we can expect it to be very good.
makz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2012, 04:39 PM   #7
ronjames

Thumbs up

As an Engineering student, I expect the Samsung Galaxy S Wi-Fi 4.2 to be an all around device.

A device where I can do research for my thesis,
A device where I can create/edit documents for my thesis and assignments,
A device that I can use to connect with my thesis group mates and classmates via social network,
A device where I can install applications that are helpful for my studies,
A device that can capture clear pictures/videos of my thesis project,
A device where I can play games to relieve me from the stress of school work,
A device that can play my favorite music when I'm relaxing or even when I'm doing my project.

To conclude all that I've mentioned, I expect the Samsung Galaxy S Wi-Fi 4.2 to be my mini-tablet pc for a number of years, in case I'm the lucky one to win it.

Last edited by ronjames; 01-08-2012 at 10:02 PM..
ronjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2012, 04:56 PM   #8
cathy_jhoy

Smile me!

as a student I'm trying my best to finish college with prayers. I'm not expecting BUT I'm praying and hoping that I will win the Samsung Galaxy S Wi-Fi 4.2. It will help me to research and communicate with my friends easily. Samsung is one of my favorite and trusted brand when it comes to gadgets.

Last edited by cathy_jhoy; 19-07-2012 at 04:59 PM..
cathy_jhoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2012, 06:10 PM   #9
ferta_32

You Say, I Give Student Edition

Shown in the photo is the Samsung Galaxy S Wi-Fi 4.2. Based on the images alone, as a student, what do you expect from it?

What I except of course mainly would be a fast and reliable Wi-Fi capability especially for me as a fourth year engineering student, too many word and pdf files are to be reviewed and/or used as reference materials. Along with this connectivity would be the battery life, I expect that it would last long even on continuous use of its Wi-Fi.

An included feature expected is a good music player, having easy to use interface, spacious internal memory and of course high quality audio output for musical satisfaction. This again needs a high capacity battery able to handle the said above features.

Being an android phone, I also expect its interface to be an ease in usage. Along with a good quality camera, this will be used in taking pictures of other school related shots for thesis and other projects.
ferta_32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2012, 10:49 AM   #10
dtruthseeker

Smile

As a soon-to-be young professional, I expect it to help me find ways to become a responsible student at the same time enjoy studying even when it seems so uneasy. No more running to the internet cafe whenever there are paper works to catch up with, and no more boredom moments while waiting for my next subjects. As a student, I expect it to would be a great phone to meet my daily requirements, entertainment and much fun!
dtruthseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2012, 11:06 AM   #11
marjhen

wow! Swerte ng mga Studyante!
marjhen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2012, 04:35 PM   #12
domz457

As a student, I need to use anything at my disposal.. every time... I need my tech stuff to handle the stress it I throw at it.. Samsung's known for making great tv's. From the S2 to the new S3 I'm sure of it that they didn't let the Samsung Galaxy S Wi-Fi 4.2 be left out.
domz457 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2012, 12:06 AM   #13
darkside24

Lightbulb

Wow Goodluck!
darkside24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2012, 09:29 AM   #14
chooks.to.go

As a student with a very limited budget for things that aren't very essential, the very first thing that pops in my mind - PRICE. No matter how good the smartphone gets, if it's not within my budget allocated for purchasing one, then I would rather not buy it or maybe I can save up more to be able to purchase this in the near future (hopefully when prices have adjusted for it to be cheaper) if I really find the phone worthy of my hard-earned savings.

Second, I expect its features to keep me sane out of all the stress that my school workload grants me. I expect it to be a phone that would help be my companion in my academic requirements as I go along this school year. I want it to be a MULTI-FUNCTIONAL phone. Multi-functional in the sense that:

[1] It would help me do some of my research, communication with my friends, have a long battery life in preparation of these sleepless nights and instances when there'll be sudden power outages and a large memory space available so that I will be able to put images, documents and other files so that I will be able to access them whenever wherever I am.
[2] It would keep me entertained in times I need a break from doing school related activities. I expect it to be able to support a lot of games because I really love to play games, have a good quality and clear sounds for FM radio and music, have a decent camera that would help me capture those unforgettable moments and for it to be very responsive so that there will be no game lags and I can surf the net quickly

That's some of the things that I expect this smartphone to have because as a student, I will have to rely all my tech-related activities on a single unit. I want to have a phone that can almost do ALL so that no matter where I go, I can deliver and finish my tasks and be able to relax afterwards.
chooks.to.go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2012, 06:29 PM   #15
MacOneLoko

ySiG Student Edition ENTRY

As a student, I am interested to have this Samsung Galaxy S WiFi 4.2 Android device because i want it to be a multi-functional android device in a way that:

-It would help me do some of my research.
-Of course, the entertainment that allows me to play games, listen to music and watch movies during my vacant time at school.
-This will allow me to capture every memorable moments i share with my classmates and close friends.
-I could make and edit word documents whenever i have some assignments that needs to be type written.
-I could easily connect to the internet whenever there is Wi-Fi available for me to check whats new on Facebook, Twitter and other social networking sites. And the most important thing, checking internet for my assignments.
-Since this is an android device, i have now the power to download applications that i can use with my studies.
-I can now download e-books for me to read and make it a source reference in my studies.

Given all those above, this device would make me IN with the innovation that our border-less world now have.
MacOneLoko is offline   Reply With Quote