HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read
HardwareZonePH on Facebook

ySiG Student Edition - Join and Stand A Chance to Win a Samsung Galaxy S Wi-Fi 4.2!

Old 23-07-2012, 09:13 PM   #16
littlelion

Thank you for posting your responses. Before we proceed, we want to clarify that the Samsung Galaxy S Wi-Fi 4.2 does not have phone capabilities like calling and texting, hence, it is not a smartphone.

We saw that some of you mentioned about Android applications that can be used when studying. Can you mention some?
littlelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2012, 11:43 PM   #17
ronjames

ElectroDroid is a great example of an Android application that I can use for studying almost everything about electronic components. From resistor color coding to circuit calculation. This app gets the job done!

Another one is EveryCircuit. This Android application is very helpful, you can make a schematic design of your circuit and simulate it by just using your finger. How cool is that?

Last edited by ronjames; 25-07-2012 at 12:11 PM..
ronjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2012, 09:01 AM   #18
arlene___

I can use the grapher app as a reference when I need review or reacquaint myself of the various graphs of the mathematical functions I usually encounter in calculus class. I can also use the Adobe Reader app to view all the pdf files my professor has given to us as reference materials for our studies. Camscanner is also a very useful app. I can use it by taking pictures of documents and turning them into PDF files for easy viewing! I won't have to take out the book out of the library, especially, when I only need a 2 - 3 pages of information from it. Lastly, the studious app can easily help me schedule all my studying, homeworks and extra-curricular activities everyday so I won't have to forget any of my responsibilities. This is a very helpful app especially for a student who is forgetful as I am.

Last edited by arlene___; 25-07-2012 at 09:07 AM..
arlene___ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2012, 09:18 AM   #19
jhepoyskee

Thank you for posting your responses. Before we proceed, we want to clarify that the Samsung Galaxy S Wi-Fi 4.2 does not have phone capabilities like calling and texting, hence, it is not a smartphone.

We saw that some of you mentioned about Android applications that can be used when studying. Can you mention some?
One app to mention is Amazing alex jk admin, im not eligible to join ysig since it is for students.

Good luck to the students participating and have fun.
jhepoyskee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2012, 11:19 AM   #20
littlelion

One app to mention is Amazing alex jk admin, im not eligible to join ysig since it is for students.

Good luck to the students participating and have fun.
Amazing Alex is a nice game actually.
Old 26-07-2012, 11:22 AM   #21
littlelion

Speaking of games, can you name some of the mobile games that you would play, if you win a Samsung Galaxy Wi-Fi 4.2?
Old 26-07-2012, 09:04 PM   #22
ronjames

Of course, when we talk about games, Tetris, Sudoku and Bejeweled Blitz will be on my list because I like games that exercise my brain.

Aside from mind games, any racing game like Need for Speed will do.
Old 27-07-2012, 11:36 AM   #23
shannenangeles

shannenangeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2012, 09:43 PM   #24
ergeon93

As a student i would expect...

I would expect so much from the Galaxy S, with the possibilities in just one device, i could do so much. We can all say that we are now in a post-pc generation, wherein developments and innovations in technology brought us portable media, research, communications and other activities which in fact can fit in devices. We pretty much rely now with such devices as information can go as anywhere and can be found anywhere. But still yes, valuable information and research can be done with or without them, it is just so easy and a breeze when we use them. As a student, i would work of course with my books and other documents, but with such devices more information can be obtained, FASTER. So what do i really expect with the Galaxy S WiFi? Simple. From research and work related tasks to communications and social networking to entertainment. It should have or can do such. The way we communicate nowadays, no longer required a cellular telecommunications sim, what we all need is a connection and an app which can do communicating to others. With that, phone-capabilities are slightly compensated.
ergeon93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2012, 05:24 PM   #25
reagan0524

Shown in the photo is the Samsung Galaxy S Wi-Fi 4.2. Based on the images alone, as a student, what do you expect from it?

Planning and organizing my everyday schedule, being a working student is very critical. Most of time, I feel being overwhelmed with the entire task that I have to do. Changing and modifying the nature of each responsibility is more often than not hardly possible. Samsung Galaxy S Wi-Fi 4.2, “based on the image alone”, delivers a manifestation of becoming stylish for the student while providing a strike of balance of becoming a professional for those who are also working. Its physical dimension which is relatively not excessively large and as well as not too small will clearly make an available precise view of files and documents ready for review without having both hands occupied at the same time. Its connectivity features transport a great contribution and aids to all of my research work, projects and assignments. Additionally, this lightweight electronic device aspects like an A-listing of all indispensable applications such as ThinkFree Office and Schedule Planner APP that can help me arrange and not only to finish tasks, but more importantly to complete all of my obligations on or before hitting the deadlines. Hence, it’s freeing my timetable, reducing wasted time and allowing me to have the luxury of leisure time, while listening to music, or maybe browsing all of my accounts from various social media network. So what’s in it for me? As a student I’m supposing that by having Samsung Galaxy S Wi-Fi 4.2 this will differentiate myself from others by having an enormous advantage on effective time planning and goal setting, while reducing stress, achieving balance in my life, becoming more productive and more importantly reaching my objectives.

Last edited by reagan0524; 16-08-2012 at 08:01 PM..
reagan0524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2012, 05:41 PM   #26
reagan0524

Speaking of games, can you name some of the mobile games that you would play, if you win a Samsung Galaxy Wi-Fi 4.2?
Fruit Ninja is a simple game yet it is an effective stress reducing application so i will definitely put that into consideration and install it in case I would be the lucky one.
reagan0524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2012, 10:01 PM   #27
chooks.to.go

First in the list is Aldiko! Since most phones only have trial versions of PDF viewers et. al. I recommend Aldiko since it's free, it lets you open PDF, spreadsheets, documents and eBooks. It also allows you to go to a page number so technically no hassle to scroll down the page manually especially if you need to read something on page 564. The interface is really nice as well and it motivates you to organize your stuff since it really is like a library.

Merriam-Webster Dictionary, which is a free app, gives me the meaning of the highfalutin words I encounter while reading Business Law and finance/accounting/economic journals. A good and reliable dictionary will really help you succeed and you'll get to understand more your readings.

DroidScan meanwhile takes a picture of the print readings and saves them as PDFs which you can immediately upload online. Helpful if there is no available photocopier nearby.

Basically, that's some of the apps
chooks.to.go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2012, 10:09 PM   #28
chooks.to.go

INOTIA If you really love RPG games like Ragnarok then this one is your best bet. The story line of the game is really nice and it's as if you're really playing some game on a computer because there are quests, tasks for finding items, killing a boss, etc. You also get to pick what kind of class your character will be (Barbarian, Templar, Rogue, Shadow Hunter, Arc Mage, and Priest for Inotia 3)! You're also given skill points and stat points to learn new attacks/techniques and upgrade your stats. There is also a party where you can have 2 companions with you! This game is really like a computer game and you can download it for FREE

I would also like to play Angry Birds and Fruit Ninja because I'm pretty sure these games would run smoothly and won't have lags since this phone has high specs
chooks.to.go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2012, 10:46 PM   #29
littlelion

What is your reaction to the idea that devices like the Samsung Galaxy S Wi-Fi 4.2 can hinder, rather than help you in your studies?
Old 31-07-2012, 11:41 PM   #30
ronjames

It's up on the student if he/she will use a device like Samsung Galaxy S Wi-Fi 4.2 for his/her studies. The chance of getting hindered will depend on how the student will use this device, for ex: a student can load it up with a ton of games rather than helpful applications.

But for me, as a college student, I know to prioritize the things for my studies in order for me to graduate.

Last edited by ronjames; 01-08-2012 at 10:12 PM..
ronjames is offline   Reply With Quote