HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read
HardwareZonePH on Facebook

ySiG Student Edition - Join and Stand A Chance to Win a Samsung Galaxy S Wi-Fi 4.2!

Old 03-08-2012, 06:28 PM   #31
littlelion

The Samsung Galaxy S Wi-Fi S 4.2 is a great portable entertainment device where you can play movies. What movie/s do you think would look great on this Android?
littlelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:24 PM   #32
ronjames

I can say that all movies would look great on the Samsung Galaxy S Wi-Fi 4.2, whether its an old movie or a new movie.

I think my favorite movie: James Cameron's Avatar would look awesome on this device, and also all of the American Pie Movies.

Plus add to the list is the upcoming movie: Bourne Legacy.

Last edited by ronjames; 05-08-2012 at 12:00 AM..
ronjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:45 PM   #33
chooks.to.go

What is your reaction to the idea that devices like the Samsung Galaxy S Wi-Fi 4.2 can hinder, rather than help you in your studies?
I think it's wrong because the people saying that are trying to speak for the whole public and I disagree with them because any device can hinder or improve an individual's performance (i.e. academics, work etc.).

It all boils down to how disciplined a person is - knowing when to use Samsung Galaxy S Wi-Fi 4.2, as a tool for enhancing one's academic performance for studying and researching & at the same time, as a means of entertainment for relaxation purposes in which one could actually use after studying or during one's free time, for his benefit and not at his expense.

Students just need to learn how to set their priorities.
chooks.to.go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:52 PM   #34
chooks.to.go

The Samsung Galaxy S Wi-Fi S 4.2 is a great portable entertainment device where you can play movies. What movie/s do you think would look great on this Android?
There's actually a lot like Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows, Mission Impossible 4: Ghost Protocol, Harry Potter, Hunger Games and so much more. Kaso careful lang kasi baka ma-lowbat ka agad )
Old 04-08-2012, 10:13 PM   #35
techius06

I am expecting to have a galaxy of knowledge, wisdom, and happiness.......

Shown in the photo is the Samsung Galaxy S Wi-Fi 4.2. Based on the images alone, as a student, what do you expect from it?

Based on the image alone, as a student I am expecting that:
1) It would be really lovely to play around and do some students’ stuffs with a 4.2 inch screen running on user friendly Android 2.3(Gingerbread).
2) I can capture precious moment at my school, lectures or notes on the white board (ahaha), and even have a picture with my professors by using its front camera.
3) It can make me feel so relax and comfortable by listening to music while doing some home works and some problem solving.
4) I could enjoy watching movies with this lovely gadget after my major examinations or even have videos that are related to some of my subjects as a reviewer.
5) I could access a big and broad library of knowledge by using its internet and applications that could really be a big help with my dreams and my studies.
“Galaxy means any of numerous large-scale aggregates of stars, gas, and dust that constitute the universe”
I am expecting to have a galaxy of knowledge, wisdom, and happiness with Samsung Galaxy S Wi-Fi 4.2.
techius06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 10:28 PM   #36
techius06

Thank you for posting your responses. Before we proceed, we want to clarify that the Samsung Galaxy S Wi-Fi 4.2 does not have phone capabilities like calling and texting, hence, it is not a smartphone.

We saw that some of you mentioned about Android applications that can be used when studying. Can you mention some?
As for the other apps that were mention I will still go for RealCalc Scientific Calculator. As a engineering students, I can say that Scientific Calculator should never be separated with me, since we do a lot of computations and other stuffs.
Such a great thing to have this app.
Old 04-08-2012, 10:35 PM   #37
techius06

Speaking of games, can you name some of the mobile games that you would play, if you win a Samsung Galaxy Wi-Fi 4.2?
My GOD!! WOULD DIE JUST TO PLAY FINAL FANTASY 3!!!!!!

Last edited by techius06; 05-08-2012 at 12:00 AM..
Old 05-08-2012, 10:35 AM   #38
reagan0524

What is your reaction to the idea that devices like the Samsung Galaxy S Wi-Fi 4.2 can hinder, rather than help you in your studies?
The Samsung Galaxy S Wifi 4.2, knowing its portability and multi-functioning feature, suggests a great benefit into promoting and enhancing a convenient life-style. Getting the fine-grasp of how to maximize its usage by determining its feature’s mechanics will simplify any task at hand. Considering Samsung Galaxy Wifi 4.2 as a “hindrance” would manifests “only” if and when there is inadequate knowledge required to reach the gadget’s best possible performance. Having a predefine purpose (schooling purpose) for the device will leverage on how it serves its usage. Without any doubt, as a student who has identified how Samsung Galaxy S Wifi 4.2 will be suitable for my way of life, everything, by all means, will work towards my advantage.
reagan0524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:38 AM   #39
reagan0524

Samsung Galaxy S Wifi 4.2 offers a modest screen to enjoy watching movies and if I would be lucky enough to own this device, some of the movies to consider first in the list are the following: Avengers, Iron Man 1 & 2, Thor, and The Amazing Spiderman. I think they would be great choice of movies to play with this device as they have good graphics which will also enable me to test it on how it behaves in terms of playing a motion picture and as well as the sound.
Old 05-08-2012, 10:44 AM   #40
reagan0524

There's actually a lot like Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows, Mission Impossible 4: Ghost Protocol, Harry Potter, Hunger Games and so much more. Kaso careful lang kasi baka ma-lowbat ka agad )
Low-bat”? Advanced Task Killer and Juice Defender will be the answer for that. These applications are useful to extend battery life.
Old 05-08-2012, 11:12 AM   #41
chooks.to.go

Low-bat”? Advanced Task Killer and Juice Defender will be the answer for that. These applications are useful to extend battery life.
What I mean by saying that is that you actually reduce the up time of the device if you're planning to watch movies there most of the time.
Old 05-08-2012, 11:27 AM   #42
chooks.to.go

As for the other apps that were mention I will still go for RealCalc Scientific Calculator. As a engineering students, I can say that Scientific Calculator should never be separated with me, since we do a lot of computations and other stuffs.
Sorry to actually burst your bubble, but if you're just putting the scientific calculator app (as this was the only app you rendered here) in the device, I don't think it will be very effective at all. Personally, I sometimes use the calculator installed at my friend's android phone and I must say that it just makes the process longer, kasi you have to press precisely on the screen etc.

I think that using a real scientific calculator would really make your life easier because you really have these buttons to press and "feel" and you would know if you'd press the buttons already, as suppose to using a calculator on a touch screen wherein you really have to look at the display to know if the stimuli was recorded.

Well there are some instances of course that using a calculator app would be beneficial, such as using it for graphing and all the other 3D models. To sum it up, I don't think that solely installing a calculator app on the Samsung Galaxy S Wi-fi 4.2 would be beneficial as we're not maximizing the capabilities that this device can do.

Basically, it's just my two cents. Maybe you can add more apps that you'd like to actually put?
Old 05-08-2012, 11:47 AM   #43
chooks.to.go

Well, these apps would only help if you're not that knowledgeable as you can't pinpoint the certain settings that if left running or staying in that condition would lead towards a battery life that is less than the usual.

I would just like to reiterate my point and that is watching so many movies (like what most of you would probably do once you have that device) would drain the battery life faster.
Old 05-08-2012, 01:06 PM   #44
techius06

Sorry to actually burst your bubble, but if you're just putting the scientific calculator app (as this was the only app you rendered here) in the device, I don't think it will be very effective at all. Personally, I sometimes use the calculator installed at my friend's android phone and I must say that it just makes the process longer, kasi you have to press precisely on the screen etc.

I think that using a real scientific calculator would really make your life easier because you really have these buttons to press and "feel" and you would know if you'd press the buttons already, as suppose to using a calculator on a touch screen wherein you really have to look at the display to know if the stimuli was recorded.

Well there are some instances of course that using a calculator app would be beneficial, such as using it for graphing and all the other 3D models. To sum it up, I don't think that solely installing a calculator app on the Samsung Galaxy S Wi-fi 4.2 would be beneficial as we're not maximizing the capabilities that this device can do.

Basically, it's just my two cents. Maybe you can add more apps that you'd like to actually put?

I can feel you mate, I still want to use my scical rather than other gadget but all that Im pointing out here is that it is an Android application that can be used when studying.

And one more thing, yeah solely installing a calculator app on this baby would not be that beneficial but we are not talking about how or what more, just talking about the app that could be useful for a student.
Old 05-08-2012, 01:32 PM   #45
reagan0524

I can feel you mate, I still want to use my scical rather than other gadget but all that Im pointing out here is that it is an Android application that can be used when studying.

And one more thing, yeah solely installing a calculator app on this baby would not be that beneficial but we are not talking about how or what more, just talking about the app that could be useful for a student.

I think with sizable screen, pressing it precisely is definitely not going to be problem and also, application responsiveness really depends on the gpu and the processor. With this Samsung Galaxy S wifi 4.2, I think it can be used with ease.
The real problem that I see here is most of the professor won’t allow you to use any gadget/device other than a scientific calculator during class, especially in examination. Like my professor in math, for example. Nevertheless, this app is really one to consider because it is better to always have something in handy…