HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read
HardwareZonePH on Facebook

ySiG Student Edition - Join and Stand A Chance to Win a Samsung Galaxy S Wi-Fi 4.2!

Old 05-08-2012, 02:37 PM   #46
reagan0524

Well, these apps would only help if you're not that knowledgeable as you can't pinpoint the certain settings that if left running or staying in that condition would lead towards a battery life that is less than the usual.

I would just like to reiterate my point and that is watching so many movies (like what most of you would probably do once you have that device) would drain the battery life faster.

Advanced Task Killer” can certainly do that, it has this capability of listing down unessential apps which are running in the back-round, and kill them, not to mention that you also have the option of choosing them.

This app is very useful as some of the apps stay running in the back-round even if you've already closed them.

Enabling this app reduces the battery consumption and aids your android like the Samsung Galaxy S Wifi 4.2 to become faster which means that you can enjoy watching movie while this marvelous app is doing its job.

Last edited by reagan0524; 05-08-2012 at 02:54 PM..
reagan0524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:36 PM   #47
techius06

The Samsung Galaxy S Wi-Fi S 4.2 is a great portable entertainment device where you can play movies. What movie/s do you think would look great on this Android?

Since it has a 4.2 inch screen I would go with movies that does not have many effects like reel steel and lord of the rings trilogy.
techius06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:41 PM   #48
techius06

What is your reaction to the idea that devices like the Samsung Galaxy S Wi-Fi 4.2 can hinder, rather than help you in your studies?
I agree with most of their answers that it really depends on who's using it and from the quote:

"With great power, comes with great responsibility"

therefore in my personal opinion......

"With great gadget, comes with great responsibility and discipline".
Old 06-08-2012, 11:13 AM   #49
arlene___

What is your reaction to the idea that devices like the Samsung Galaxy S Wi-Fi 4.2 can hinder, rather than help you in your studies?
Ultimately, it is up to the student how he/she can maximize the features of the the Samsung Galaxy S WiFi 4.2. In my case, I'd love to use to for studying as well as relaxing after a grueling day at school.
arlene___ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 09:39 AM   #50
littlelion

We got some images that we took using the Samsung Galaxy S Wi-Fi 4.2. Any thoughts on the device's imaging capability?

Day Photo

Night Photo

littlelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 11:40 AM   #51
ronjames

Based on the quality of the two pictures, I can say that Samsung Galaxy S Wi-Fi 4.2 has an impressive imaging capability.

The only thing that I noticed is that this device has a better image result on the night photo, probably because of the lights.

But overall, aside from the other features of the Samsung Galaxy S Wi-Fi 4.2, I think it will also be a stellar imaging device.
Old 08-08-2012, 04:49 PM   #52
jezreel

Shown in the photo is the Samsung Galaxy S Wi-Fi 4.2. Based on the images alone, as a student, what do you expect from it?

Based on the image alone...

I am expecting the Galaxy S Wi-Fi 4.2....

jezreel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 11:28 PM   #53
littlelion

Just wanna share with you an image of the Galaxy S Wi-Fi 4.2 put side by side with the Galaxy S II

littlelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:41 AM   #54
ronjames

Just wanna share with you an image of the Galaxy S Wi-Fi 4.2 put side by side with the Galaxy S II

They are twins, but the Galaxy S II is smarter than the Galaxy S Wi-Fi 4.2.
Old 10-08-2012, 02:58 PM   #55
MacOneLoko

As a student, I am interested to have this Samsung Galaxy S WiFi 4.2 Android device because i want it to be a multi-functional android device in a way that:

-It would help me do some of my research.
-Of course, the entertainment that allows me to play games, listen to music and watch movies during my vacant time at school.
-This will allow me to capture every memorable moments i share with my classmates and close friends.
-I could make and edit word documents whenever i have some assignments that needs to be type written.
-I could easily connect to the internet whenever there is Wi-Fi available for me to check whats new on Facebook, Twitter and other social networking sites. And the most important thing, checking internet for my assignments.
-Since this is an android device, i have now the power to download applications that i can use with my studies.
-I can now download e-books for me to read and make it a source reference in my studies.

Given all those above, this device would make me IN with the innovation that our border-less world now have.
MacOneLoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:02 PM   #56
MacOneLoko

As a student, I am interested to have this Samsung Galaxy S WiFi 4.2 Android device because i want it to be a multi-functional android device in a way that:

-It would help me do some of my research.
-Of course, the entertainment that allows me to play games, listen to music and watch movies during my vacant time at school.
-This will allow me to capture every memorable moments i share with my classmates and close friends.
-I could make and edit word documents whenever i have some assignments that needs to be type written.
-I could easily connect to the internet whenever there is Wi-Fi available for me to check whats new on Facebook, Twitter and other social networking sites. And the most important thing, checking internet for my assignments.
:-Since this is an android device, i have now the power to download applications that i can use with my studies.
-I can now download e-books for me to read and make it a source reference in my studies.

Given all those above, this device would make me IN with the innovation that our border-less world now have.
MacOneLoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:47 PM   #57
reagan0524

We got some images that we took using the Samsung Galaxy S Wi-Fi 4.2. Any thoughts on the device's imaging capability?

Day Photo

Night Photo

Knowing Samsung Galaxy S Wifi 4.2 is a not a device designed only for photography but for multimedia purposes, we could say that based on the images provided, the imaging capability of this device is decent enough and it can serve you adequately for the basic usage such as uploading pictures or updating your status to social networking sites like Facebook and Tweeter or just simply capturing moments.

As student, documenting research work, taking photos required as evidence for seminars or symposium, together with captions attached during interviews with speakers and professors are some of my needs and I believe, Samsung Galaxy S Wifi 4.2 will be more than capable to be sufficient to meet those needs from its photographic aspect.

Last edited by reagan0524; 13-08-2012 at 08:56 AM..
Old 10-08-2012, 05:12 PM   #58
reagan0524

Both of them are appealing and If I would hold the Samsung Galaxy S Wifi 4.2 with my hand, it kinda make people think I owned a Samsung Galaxy SII at first glance. As we know gadgets are some sort of status symbol nowadays, having this gadget makes me proud and confident by just merely holding it.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:16 PM   #59
techius06

Day Photo

Night Photo

The night photo was surprisingly pretty good for a a 2megapixel camera.
Yeah, it will be good enough to picture your notes out of the whiteboard or for some experiments with Samsung Galaxy S Wi-Fi 4.2.

And also, im very CURIOUS how good its front camera is. Mind to take some photos using it?

Last edited by techius06; 11-08-2012 at 05:56 PM..
Old 10-08-2012, 11:19 PM   #60
techius06

Samsung manages to knock the ball out of the park when it comes to the design. The Galaxy S WiFi 4.2 is like a cross between the Samsung Galaxy S2 and S3. It literally looks like a phone and you wouldn’t know it wasn’t unless you take a close look and start playing around with it.