HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read
HardwareZonePH on Facebook

ySiG Student Edition - Join and Stand A Chance to Win a Samsung Galaxy S Wi-Fi 4.2!

Old 11-08-2012, 06:15 PM   #61
reagan0524

Hi littlelion,

Just wondering, Is the Samsung Galaxy S Wi-Fi 4.2 capable of handling the connection to tv via cable so we could see the output there?

Last edited by reagan0524; 12-08-2012 at 06:08 PM..
reagan0524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2012, 12:44 AM   #62
MacOneLoko

As a student, I am interested to have this Samsung Galaxy S WiFi 4.2 Android device because i want it to be a multi-functional android device in a way that:

-Since this is an android device, i have now the power to download applications that i can use with my studies.

-I can now download e-books for me to read and make it a source reference in my studies.
MacOneLoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2012, 12:46 AM   #63
MacOneLoko

As a student, I am interested to have this Samsung Galaxy S WiFi 4.2 Android device because i want it to be a multi-functional android device in a way that:

27:-I could make and edit word documents whenever i have some assignments that needs to be type written.

-I could easily connect to the internet whenever there is Wi-Fi available for me to check whats new on Facebook, Twitter and other social networking sites. And the most important thing, checking internet for my assignments.
Old 14-08-2012, 12:49 AM   #64
MacOneLoko

-It would help me do some of my research.

-Of course, the entertainment that allows me to play games, listen to music and watch movies during my vacant time at school.

-This will allow me to capture every memorable moments i share with my classmates and close friends.
Old 14-08-2012, 12:50 AM   #65
littlelion

Gonna check if a regular 3.2mm video jack can do the trick

Hi littlelion,

Just wondering, Is the Samsung Galaxy S Wi-Fi 4.2 capable of handling the connection to tv via cable so we could see the output there?
littlelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2012, 12:53 AM   #66
littlelion

Just in case you're wondering about what are bundled with the Samsung Galaxy S Wi-Fi 4.2.

Old 14-08-2012, 08:58 AM   #67
reagan0524

Smile

Just in case you're wondering about what are bundled with the Samsung Galaxy S Wi-Fi 4.2.

Awesome! The packaging is the same as any Samsung mobile phone but the great thing about it is that the headset has a dedicated button for music which helps a lot to toggle the music especially when the device is in your pocket. It also got two ear bud sizes which is great, at least you donít have to buy a separate bud that fits your ears.
Old 14-08-2012, 08:59 AM   #68
reagan0524

Gonna check if a regular 3.2mm video jack can do the trick
Thanks for checking that out!
Old 14-08-2012, 11:58 PM   #69
littlelion

Portable media players (PMP) usually come with an integrated battery, but the Samsung Galaxy S Wi-Fi 4.2 is bundled with a removable type. Any thoughts on this?

Old 15-08-2012, 12:55 AM   #70
ronjames

I think a removable battery is good. The user can change it easily if the battery dies.

The option to just buy a spare battery, or to purchase a replacement battery when the original dies, is a great sense of freedom, it gives the user peace of mind.
Old 15-08-2012, 10:16 PM   #71
reagan0524

Portable media players (PMP) usually come with an integrated battery, but the Samsung Galaxy S Wi-Fi 4.2 is bundled with a removable type. Any thoughts on this?

That is how sophisticated the design of this device is. Being able to remove the battery promotes convenience as you donít have to go to a lot of sequences or hassle just to have it replaced. It means that you are not in a dead end in the event that the battery gets low as you can bring a spare one especially when you are in a long trip like educational tours, and you need something to keep you entertained. I could definitely tell that this is one of advantages of Samsung Galaxy S Wifi 4.2 over the others and having this option stresses the true meaning of portability.
Old 16-08-2012, 10:43 PM   #72
chooks.to.go

ďAdvanced Task KillerĒ can certainly do that, it has this capability of listing down unessential apps which are running in the back-round, and kill them, not to mention that you also have the option of choosing them.

This app is very useful as some of the apps stay running in the back-round even if you've already closed them.

Enabling this app reduces the battery consumption and aids your android like the Samsung Galaxy S Wifi 4.2 to become faster which means that you can enjoy watching movie while this marvelous app is doing its job.
There will be no need for you to actually use Advanced Task Killer to save battery because the built-in Task Manager would already suffice. You just need to regularly close programs directly from that.

To back up my assertion, you may read this regarding the Facts and Myths on How to Make your Android Device Faster: http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/android-faster-works/

See it for yourself By the way, hopefully all you guys are safe from the recent southwest monsoon rains!
chooks.to.go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2012, 11:02 PM   #73
chooks.to.go

We got some images that we took using the Samsung Galaxy S Wi-Fi 4.2. Any thoughts on the device's imaging capability?

Day Photo

Night Photo

I think it's imaging capability is just so-so. It's not at par with other devices' cameras.

Observations:
1. The day photo seems to be a bit dark. Well, you can say that the picture looks like that because there really isn't a decent external lighting available when the picture was taken; however, I do believe that the camera should adjust to get a better looking picture but unfortunately I didn't see it here.
2. The night photo is a bit overexposed in terms of lighting for me. Some parts with light are like "glowing" for me and again, like in #1, I think that there should be some kind of auto-adjusting by the camera to get a better picture.

I would expect more from the camera of this device as it leans toward the more high end products of Samsung. I am disappointed to its "auto-adjust/correct" function if there would be any, not being able to capture much details, not having a camera flash as well and its 2 megapixel camera.

Personally, I think it's imaging capability of this device warrants a mediocre status.

Last edited by chooks.to.go; 16-08-2012 at 11:29 PM..
Old 16-08-2012, 11:09 PM   #74
chooks.to.go

Just wanna share with you an image of the Galaxy S Wi-Fi 4.2 put side by side with the Galaxy S II

It's just amazing that in a span of a few decades, the communications/electronics sector has just evolved so much not just in terms of performance, efficiency and functionality but as well as aesthetics.

For me, both look hot. I'm not very particular about the outside look because what matters for me is what the device can do.

It's not just a phone that can do a lot of wonders, but it's also makes someone look stylish and be a trendsetter!
Old 16-08-2012, 11:25 PM   #75
techius06

For this removable type, it can be advantageous in such a way because you could slip important papers or simcard at it and you can have an extra battery and use it for emergencies and other important things. On the other hand, the back cover might loose for repeatedly opening it and changing its battery. Nowadays you can buy portable battery pack for you gadget and I am hopping that there could be one that can work with Samsung Galaxy S Wi-Fi 4.2.

Last edited by techius06; 17-08-2012 at 10:11 AM..
techius06 is offline   Reply With Quote