HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read
HardwareZonePH on Facebook

ySiG Student Edition - Join and Stand A Chance to Win a Samsung Galaxy S Wi-Fi 4.2!

Old 20-08-2012, 02:56 PM   #91
reagan0524

I think it cant, but since it is a Samsung smartphone, it can stream videos to your Smart TV (Samsung) via SmartView app...

I think there is possibility that this device can do that as the Galaxy S is capable of. As what Littlelion is about to do. The end user used a 3.5mm jack to do the magic.

Yup it can stream using allshare app by samsung, you can even stream to it with samsung computers or other tablets.

I'm hopeful that this could that as ipods are capable of doing that. As we know this device is a tough competitor of ipod touch.

Please visit the link for the details of the video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTQBAx_BDfk
reagan0524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2012, 04:10 PM   #92
jezreel

I think there is possibility that this device can do that as the Galaxy S is capable of. As what Littlelion is about to do. The end user used a 3.5mm jack to do the magic.

Yup it can stream using allshare app by samsung, you can even stream to it with samsung computers or other tablets.

I'm hopeful that this could that as ipods are capable of doing that. As we know this device is a tough competitor of ipod touch.

Please visit the link for the details of the video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTQBAx_BDfk
Yes kuya...korak! There is really a possibility since this is a very common feature (yet not known to everyone.). Even with N8 phone, but not HD. However, you have to set-up it first in settings for android. This is the reason why I think it cant, so far.

So we now have a possible answer to your question...
Hi littlelion,

Just wondering, Is the Samsung Galaxy S Wi-Fi 4.2 capable of handling the connection to tv via cable so we could see the output there?
jezreel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2012, 04:33 PM   #93
jezreel

--It's an improved Samsung Galaxy S without a SIM
Yap, it is almost like Galaxy S. SGS is still better when it comes to camera but SGSWifi 4.2 has better audio and larger screen. Although they use same CPU (ARM Cortex A8), same GPU (PowerVR SGX 540).

To add, SGS uses S5PC110 chipset, and SGSWifi 4.2 uses S5PC111...so they are really related.

Let us just say that SGSWifi 4.2 is SGS'S brother, each performs well at their categories. (SGSWifi 4.2 as media player and SGS as phone) SGS was a good phone, so as SGSWifi 4.2 is a good media player....

Last edited by jezreel; 20-08-2012 at 05:34 PM..
Old 20-08-2012, 06:57 PM   #94
chooks.to.go

For those Accounting Student like me, I think Accounting App by WAGmob will be beneficial as it teaches the principles of accounting which is great for the principles of accounting is an accountant's foundation to avoid clerical errors in computing the finances of an entity. Another great app is Accounting Glossary APP. It defines most of the accounting terms.

For those who are music lovers and got existing playlists on itunes, There's an app which you can use to sync it to your android gadgets. It's called iSyncer.
You're taking accounting as well? COOL! Same here. I would also put the Civil Code of the Philippines and a dictionary having the Law jargons there, as our Business Law discussions tend to be very in-depth.
chooks.to.go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2012, 07:03 PM   #95
chooks.to.go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQYiKA80GA8

Take a look on this link… The video recording capability of this device is pretty decent. It’s great for basic usage.

As my observation, the user was moving fast when he was recording it, yet there’s no pixilation in the recorded video. There’s an adequate color as well to define the image. This Samsung Galaxy Wifi 4.2 will definitely serve its purpose in getting video footages especially when there are some school activities which need to be recorded for sharing and academic purposes.
However, the capabilities of the camera to record such during nighttime is a different story especially, if it's a bit dark since it has no flash. I just wished that Samsung thought of putting a flash function.
Old 20-08-2012, 07:44 PM   #96
chooks.to.go

Yes kuya...korak! There is really a possibility since this is a very common feature (yet not known to everyone.). Even with N8 phone, but not HD. However, you have to set-up it first in settings for android. This is the reason why I think it cant, so far.

So we now have a possible answer to your question...
I think it would be through wireless connection to your TV. Or maybe if you have Samsung Blu-ray DVD player that allows viewing of movies via bluetooth, you would be able to use that alternative as well.
http://www.samsung.com/global/micros...4_2_share.html

Smart View
Want to grab a snack or take a bathroom break during your TV program? No sweat, your GALAXY S Wifi 4.2 can play whatever is on TV wirelessly. Want to change channels? Go ahead, you can watch multiple channels simultaneously on TV and your GALAXY S. And with Smart View, use your GALAXY S as your universal remote control - search channels,browse the web, even play games. Complete with multilingual support, relaxing on the
coach has never been so easy.

All Share
Enables any DLNA device the ability to share all your files wirelessly. Enjoy your music and movies seamlessly on your TV, computer, or GALAXY S WiFi 4.2.

Source: http://www.samsung.com/global/micros...4_2_share.html

Last edited by chooks.to.go; 20-08-2012 at 07:50 PM..
Old 20-08-2012, 07:55 PM   #97
jezreel

We got some images that we took using the Samsung Galaxy S Wi-Fi 4.2. Any thoughts on the device's imaging capability?

Day Photo

Night Photo

Based on the images, it takes good pictures. But it has no focus, the night photo is very grainy. I think, it is good for taking photos for homeworks, but not for capturing during school events - to think our school organizes every single events at night (college night, pageant....). Might get another digicam
Old 20-08-2012, 08:26 PM   #98
reagan0524

Based on the images, it takes good pictures. But it has no focus, the night photo is very grainy. I think, it is good for taking photos for homeworks, but not for capturing during school events - to think our school organizes every single events at night (college night, pageant....). Might get another digicam
Samsung Galaxy S wifi 4.2 is only good for basic camera function / usage such as quick sharing, uploading pics to both facebook and twitter thus, its main goal is to be a portable multi-media / entertainment gadget.

Having a camera is just an added benefit, but we can install some app like FX camera app to enhance its capability such as the zoom and edit function.
Old 20-08-2012, 08:28 PM   #99
reagan0524

You're taking accounting as well? COOL! Same here. I would also put the Civil Code of the Philippines and a dictionary having the Law jargons there, as our Business Law discussions tend to be very in-depth.
It's nice to know that we are in the same course
Old 20-08-2012, 08:42 PM   #100
reagan0524

However, the capabilities of the camera to record such during nighttime is a different story especially, if it's a bit dark since it has no flash. I just wished that Samsung thought of putting a flash function.
That is the only downfall, this device is not equipped with flash as to compare with the 5.0 release. maybe in their future release, Samsung might add it again. Nevertheless, this device is still beautiful in my eyes...

Last edited by reagan0524; 20-08-2012 at 10:17 PM..
Old 20-08-2012, 08:44 PM   #101
jezreel

What is your reaction to the idea that devices like the Samsung Galaxy S Wi-Fi 4.2 can hinder, rather than help you in your studies?
For teens/adults who can think by themselves, it is a matter of responsibility. But for those parents who would like to buy this device for their children, they can install several parental control software like Kid's Place. It will help the parents monitor and limit the app usage of their children.

However, though this device can help us in learning, this is not a permanent replacement for a true book, true school notes, true calcu, etc.

Gonna check if a regular 3.2mm video jack can do the trick
You mean 3.5mm video jack?

Did it worked?
Old 20-08-2012, 08:52 PM   #102
jezreel

Samsung Galaxy S wifi 4.2 is only good for basic camera function / usage such as quick sharing, uploading pics to both facebook and twitter thus, its main goal is to be a portable multi-media / entertainment gadget.

Having a camera is just an added benefit, but we can install some app like FX camera app to enhance its capability such as the zoom and edit function.
When we say multimedia, it includes visual medium or pictures. But nevertheless, it has good camera, not that bad. However, one should not forget that this device has a front camera...all in all, a vga front camera + 2mp rear camera is already a good deal.
Old 20-08-2012, 09:31 PM   #103
reagan0524

When we say multimedia, it includes visual medium or pictures. But nevertheless, it has good camera, not that bad. However, one should not forget that this device has a front camera...all in all, a vga front camera + 2mp rear camera is already a good deal.
Yup, multi-media includes pictures and videos, however, as being an ipod touch competitor its main stream, I could say is to provide entertainment for its end user. I think every function of this device is just balance in comparison with its market price. It aims to be flexible to satisfy every basic needs of its end user as far as the multi-media entertainment is concerned. Maybe that's the reason why the camera is being built that way, enough for everyday use.

Last edited by reagan0524; 20-08-2012 at 10:04 PM..
Old 20-08-2012, 09:47 PM   #104
jezreel

Portable media players (PMP) usually come with an integrated battery, but the Samsung Galaxy S Wi-Fi 4.2 is bundled with a removable type. Any thoughts on this?

A removable battery is a good move.

For instance, if I will be going for a long field trip, aside from apps that can help stretch battery hour of the device, one can also buy extra battery of same or bigger mAH at Samsung stores.

(For those non geeky students, the bigger the mAH (milliampere - hour), the longer the battery life).

Speaking apps that helps battery life, it is true that some apps can lengthen the device battery life. However, you can also save battery without the help of this apps. As far as i remember, Android uses Linux Kernel. One myth is that Task killers can help save battery.

Based on our lessons, it can not. Why? When an apps is closed in linux, it is closed and not running. It is just cached in the ram. So in Android, cached tasks are just cached, it wont eat battery. Though in some cases, like the facebook app, it runs and uses your connection (wifi) for updates so it really eats up battery life.

As for the Battery saver apps, they are automatic optimizer for settings like brightness, wifi.... This is good for those non-geeky...but those geek out there, they can simply adjust settings by themselves...
Old 20-08-2012, 10:15 PM   #105
reagan0524

You mean 3.5mm video jack?

Did it worked?

Well, I searched over the internet, since Samsung Galaxy S Wifi 4.2 is recently introduced, I searched for Samsung Galaxy S Wifi 5.0. One user from yahoo answers confirmed that it does work.

I think we have a good luck of having this device to work with 3.5mm jack. All we need to do now is to test it to see if its really working... of course with crossed fingers...

Last edited by reagan0524; 20-08-2012 at 10:18 PM..