View Single Post
Old 22-06-2014, 12:52 AM   #7
najiro

Greetings Hardware Zone Philippines and WD Philippines! Here's my reply to the two questions asked including a brief introduction about myself.

About Me

I'm a computer enthusiast and hardware reviewer for a US based tech site but I live here in the Philippines. We know outsourcing is very popular nowadays and let's just say even reviews are being outsourced now.

Why do you want to join the WD Black2 User Trials?

Ever since I experienced the benefits of using an SSD boot drive, there's no going back. Well, that's what I thought before. For any enthusiast builder, it would seem that the appropriate build would be to have an SSD boot drive and a separate HDD storage drive. That was the only option until the hybrid drives like the WD Black2 came out. But since hybrid drives rather new, builders are seemingly reluctant to use or recommend hybrid drives based on my observation in forums and social media all over the world. I want to join the WD Black2 user trials address that very dilemma. I want to enlighten myself and others just what hybrid drives like the WD Black2 is about and what it can offer to gamers, builders and average computer users.

I can already see certain benefits of using the WD Black2 such as using them in laptops. We know typical laptops only have one slot for a 2.5" drive and SSDs above 240GB is just too expensive for an average consumer here in the Philippines. There are a lot of things I wanted to answer by using a WD black2 drive because I myself haven't experienced a hybrid drive before. Basically I just want to know which is the cheaper option (SSD+HDD combo vs hybrid drive) as well as better in performance. I can explain that in both gaming and in benchmark tests such as AS SSD, CrystalDiskMark, ATTO, Anvil Storage, PC Mark 8 Pro, PC Mark vantage and others. Ultimately, I want to experience using a WD Black2 so that I can tell others what it offers. I can do a full review for the site if required.

What are the games that you play?

Currently playing Phantasy Star Online 2 and Dragon Nest SEA. Sometimes I play Battlefield 3 and 4 (but pings here in the Philippines are bad most of the time and I get kicked!). I also have Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag (which I haven't finished because I lost all the saved sessions LOL) as well as Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist, Crysis 3, Mass Effect 3 and other games in my Origin and Steam library.

Thank you for this rare opportunity, mabuhay HardwareZone PH and WD PH!
najiro is offline   Reply With Quote