View Single Post
Old 19-08-2012, 01:15 AM   #80
jezreel

One of the best ways to do these is through an Android device. However, many students are still reluctant of getting one because of the impression that they are too complicated.
We should not forget that not all students are techy or geek, like high school and elementary students. Most of the things we need for an effective usage of this device does not need complicated tweaks just what was said,
Positively, with an aim to make technology more accessible to everyone, Samsung has come up with a fun, easy-to-use Android-based handheld device that would fit students’ needs – the Samsung Galaxy S Wi-Fi 4.2!
Thus said, just like as Samsung made it Galaxy S Wifi 4.2 easy-to-use for students like me, I will try to consider both the geeky and the non-geeky students (just like me) as I share my ideas throughout.
as a student, I would expect a fast wireless connection in order for me to browse for information I need, and also a clear and smooth display for viewing document files .
Aside from the screen size of a device, there are several factors that affects its document viewing capability.

Wifi 4.2 has a 4.2 inches displayed, as measured diagonally. So, this is not small for viewing most documents and reading texts. It has an IPS displays which provides more consistent and accurate viewing angle. It has also high pixel density of 222 ppi which is quite high resolution. It can also load document faster with a decent 1Ghz CPU and SGX 540 GPU.

On a less technical term, Galaxy S Wifi 4.2 has handy size of screen, an IPS for better viewing, high pixel density for less pixelated displays / less noticeable pixels in pictures, and a good processing unit for faster loading of text and pictures in a document.
So it can provide smooth display of documents and files.

*Though the pixel density is not provided, we were taught on how to get it manually, so I tried to get it myself. There was a specific formula used in schools on getting ppi.

PPI = √(a^2+b^2 )/(size ofscreen (4.2)) , a is the 480 and b is the 800 on the resolution 480 X 800.

I was also taught that the 480 X 800 resolution is not always the same on all devices, just like 480 X 800 on a 7 inch tablet has a very noticeable pixel. So knowing ppi is very important.

jezreel is offline   Reply With Quote