View Single Post
Old 19-08-2012, 05:46 PM   #83
chooks.to.go

The tech blogger in the specified link provided is just looking on one assumption. There’s no experimentation to support the idea. He might have tested it on his device but testing ONLY in a single device would not reveal the truth due to the following factor: Different Android devices were being built using in different hardware features, Roms are being customized depending on the manufacturer. It is like humans when taking Meds, some have allergies, and some don’t, therefore, it has to be tested first in a row of devices before conclusion can be made.

I am suggesting it for that was my experience with my device, same as the tech blogger maybe that was his experience when he used one. Remember that “Hear Say” can never be a valid evidence. You can only testify once you have a personal experience on it.

I do understand that android has a default task manager but to kill the unnecessary backround apps manually every now and then would be a big hassle. What this app is offering is convenience and speed for it is freeing the RAM which is being filled-in by the backround processes. I also mentioned you can be selective in the apps that you’d like kill such as facebook, tweeter and emails that keep on syncing and running in the backround for I understand that some are running with its primary purpose. Those processes are being addedto CPU’s load and therefore draining the batteries.
The reason that I did not put my testimonial before and decided to only put it now is due to the exact reason that you mentioned above, mine was only solely my experience and it does not warrant enough judgment to generalize or at the very least, speak for the majority.

I agree that devices are built differently from each other, however a task killer or any other programs effect on the phone (i.e. staying running in the background) will be the same for all.

If you are referring to the article as "hear say," then I beg to differ as I believe at the website's credibility; moreover, the author's credibility. I am using a Smart ZTE Blade android phone, and upon installing the task killer app, I found my device to run slower and I was annoyed as the program is added to the roster of the running apps that I need to close every now then.

Sharing a blog review would be more credible as it is from a person that is more knowledgeable in the field. In addition, you might have forgotten that there are user testimonials/comments at the bottom of the page of the aforementioned article. You will see there that the consensus of all comments points out that Task Killer Apps are bogus and ineffectual.

I don't think that one of the strengths of the app killer would be convenience because I don't see any difference on the convenience that you get from the built in task manager and Task Killer app. You can select and choose what apps to kill, etc.. The task manager can do whatever the Task Killer is capable of.
chooks.to.go is offline   Reply With Quote