View Single Post
Old 14-07-2014, 11:22 PM   #55
timlyco

Cool Tim Co | WD BLack2 User Trials: Test Rig

V. The Test Rig

Here is the specification of my test rig.
  • Processor: Intel i7-3770k 3.4Ghz
  • Motherboard: Asus Maximus V Gene Z77
  • RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 2x8GB DDR3 1600
  • Video Card: Asus NVIDIA GeForce GTX660 Ti 2GB 192-bit
  • Original HDD:WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
  • PSU: Silverstone ST56F 560W
  • Case: CM Storm Scout 2

This is my personal rig at home. Why is this system ideal for testing the WD Black2 Drive? Because this system was built with work and play in mind.

I use it for my work to create works in Photoshop and Illustrator. I use it to create web design studies in Adobe Dreamweaver and Sublime Text. Of all my design programs, I believe Premiere and After Effects are the most demanding programs. These programs are used to render videos and add special effects to them.

Of course, with the spec sheet, this rig wasn't just designed for graphic arts. It was mainly built to play the latest and most demanding of games on high to ultra settings.

What better drive to compare the WD Black 2 than to WD's own WD Caviar Black. This was my original hard drive since I built it and I believe the WD Black 2 a great upgrade for this Rig. I have installed windows OS's on both drives and will boot them separately to test their differences.

It's a good thing I invested on a good case. This case has a slide in drive bay for both the WD Caviar Black and the WD Black 2. The case was chosen with the thought of adding new drives or maybe SLI the video card.

The WD Black 2 fit seamlessly.

I'm now looking forward to seeing the difference. Stay tuned for more of my review. You can also follow my review on this link Tim Co Eperiences the Power of 2.
timlyco is offline   Reply With Quote