HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read
HardwareZonePH on Facebook

ySiG Student Edition - Join and Stand A Chance to Win a Samsung Galaxy S Wi-Fi 4.2!

Old 20-08-2012, 10:17 PM   #106
jezreel

Every function of this device is just balance in comparison with its market price. This very device aims to be flexible in every way, especially for entertainment purposes.
Agree!

And compared to other devices with similar functions, Samsung packed this one with numerous of playable formats, stereo speakers, pre-installed games, easy data sync and transfer and classic/elegant look. Though still on gingerbread, and would stay there, it does what it should do.
jezreel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2012, 11:11 PM   #107
chooks.to.go

That is the only downfall, this device is not equipped with flash as to compare with the 5.0 release. maybe in their future release, Samsung might add it again. Nevertheless, this device is still beautiful in my eyes...
Beautiful and functional. Ang mga Pilipino naman maparaan, so kahit anong shortcomings one object has, kayang gawan ng paraan!
chooks.to.go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2012, 11:14 PM   #108
chooks.to.go

Beautiful and functional. Ang mga Pilipino naman maparaan, so kahit anong shortcomings one object has, kayang gawan ng paraan!
and I do really want to own one!
Old 20-08-2012, 11:22 PM   #109
chooks.to.go

Samsung Galaxy S wifi 4.2 is only good for basic camera function / usage such as quick sharing, uploading pics to both facebook and twitter thus, its main goal is to be a portable multi-media / entertainment gadget.

Having a camera is just an added benefit, but we can install some app like FX camera app to enhance its capability such as the zoom and edit function.
For me I do not consider having a built-in camera installed on your device as a benefit. I consider it as a prerequisite/requirements for a device/phone to be considered a phone especially if you're paying like more than 5,000 bucks to have one.

Also, since it's a Samsung phone which is not targeted for the student (those in a tight budget) market and leans toward the other side of the spectrum, it's much more important than this device has a camera.

Sana Samsung enhanced the camera because for me, it's okay to pay a little bit more as long as the functionality is boosted/improved.
Old 20-08-2012, 11:25 PM   #110
reagan0524

One myth is that Task killers can help save battery.
Yes i does but not on all devices, there was one website who conducted an experimentation, with mathematical result that somehow it helps, but like what I have mentioned in my earlier post hardware, ROM's and knowledge of the end user are big factors as to how this app will be beneficial. Not all apps (Facebook, Email, Twitter) are at pause when they are in the backround, esp when connected to wifi. they are actually syncing without authorization which make your cpu running. Using this app we can stop them doing that automatically and use them only as desired. You may also try juice defender app with it. Together with Advanced Task Mngr make my phone to have 4-5 days of bat.

Please see the picture provided below:

reagan0524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2012, 11:30 PM   #111
chooks.to.go

Yes i does but not on all devices, there was one website who conducted an experimentation, with mathematical result that somehow it helps, but like what I have mentioned in my earlier post hardware, ROM's and knowledge of the end user are big factors as to how this app will be beneficial. Not all apps (Facebook, Email, Twitter) are at pause when they are in the backround, esp when connected to wifi. they are actually syncing without authorization which make your cpu running. Using this app we can stop them doing that automatically and use them only as desired. You may also try juice defender app with it. Together with Advanced Task Mngr make my phone to have 4-5 days of bat.

But these are observations for HTC, did you find something regarding Samsung? In addition, diba Samsung's task manager has Clear RAM function & you can opt to close the runnings apps if you choose to? I really think that the built-in task manager suffices already.

Last edited by chooks.to.go; 20-08-2012 at 11:36 PM..
Old 20-08-2012, 11:31 PM   #112
reagan0524

For me I do not consider having a built-in camera installed on your device as a benefit. I consider it as a prerequisite/requirements for a device/phone to be considered a phone especially if you're paying like more than 5,000 bucks to have one.

Also, since it's a Samsung phone which is not targeted for the student (those in a tight budget) market and leans toward the other side of the spectrum, it's much more important than this device has a camera.

Sana Samsung enhanced the camera because for me, it's okay to pay a little bit more as long as the functionality is boosted/improved.

Actually the Samsung Galaxy S Wifi 5.0 has 3.15MP with flash as far as I know. But I still love this one for its not to big or not too small. It just perfectly fits in your hands.

Last edited by reagan0524; 20-08-2012 at 11:40 PM..
Old 20-08-2012, 11:37 PM   #113
reagan0524

But these are facts for HTC, did you find something regarding Samsung? In addition, diba Samsung's task manager has Clear RAM function & you can opt to close the runnings apps if you choose to? I really think that the built-in task manager suffices already.

One reason why I don't use the default one, it can't do the automatic and with advanced task manager you can be selective in which app you'd like to stop. Mine is samsung and it works perfectly with juice defender. It really depends on the handset or gadget, though... regardless of the brand.

Last edited by reagan0524; 20-08-2012 at 11:41 PM..
Old 20-08-2012, 11:43 PM   #114
reagan0524

Good Luck sa atin guys!!!
Old 20-08-2012, 11:47 PM   #115
reagan0524

That's one our unique traits being a Filipino, resourceful...
Old 20-08-2012, 11:48 PM   #116
jezreel

Well, I searched over the internet, since Samsung Galaxy S Wifi 4.2 is recently introduced, I searched for Samsung Galaxy S Wifi 5.0. One user from yahoo answers confirmed that it does work.

I think we have a good luck of having this device to work with 3.5mm jack. All we need to do now is to test it to see if its really working... of course with crossed fingers...
Its because Galaxy S Wifi 5.0,S Wifi 4.2 and Galaxy S are like brothers, all of them uses PowerVR SGX 540 GPU, ARM Cortex A8 CPU but it differs on chipset, S5PC110 for SGS and SGSWifi 5.0, while SGSWifi 4.2 uses S5PC111.

Sorry but I am still a little girl when it comes to android, but S5PC110 is also Exynos3110 (Exynos 3 Single), right?

So based from some data I researched, it should have a tv out via 3.5mm jack.

And SGSWifi 4.2 uses same chipset with Nexus S and Samsung Continuum (i400) (S5PC111) and Nexus S does not have TV out, based on this, we can GUESS that it will not have TV out.

However, it is still possible. But as of now, we can only assume not based on the hardware specifications of SGSWifi 4.2...
Old 20-08-2012, 11:48 PM   #117
chooks.to.go

Yup, multi-media includes pictures and videos, however, as being an ipod touch competitor its main stream, I could say is to provide entertainment for its end user. I think every function of this device is just balance in comparison with its market price. It aims to be flexible to satisfy every basic needs of its end user as far as the multi-media entertainment is concerned. Maybe that's the reason why the camera is being built that way, enough for everyday use.
Speaking of Samsung vs. Apple competition.

I'm happy that Samsung is now the leader in terms of the global market share of the smartphone industry. But to keep the number 1 spot, I think Samsung has to innovate and think of more creative ways on how to provide solutions for their customers' desires and wants.

Like for example in the case of this, one strength of the Galaxy is that is has a microSD card so you can have unlimited apps installed because you can literally have so much memory storage. It would be better nga lang if Samsung decided to put a flash, since iPod touch doesn't also have a built in flash for the camera, and I think this will help them build their product stronger and market it easier - at the same time, widening the gap when it comes to the two handheld devices (Galaxy and iPod Touch) differences.

#TeamSamsung!
Old 20-08-2012, 11:54 PM   #118
reagan0524

Speaking of Samsung vs. Apple competition.

I'm happy that Samsung is now the leader in terms of the global market share of the smartphone industry. But to keep the number 1 spot, I think Samsung has to innovate and think of more creative ways on how to provide solutions for their customers' desires and wants.

Like for example in the case of this, one strength of the Galaxy is that is has a microSD card so you can have unlimited apps installed because you can literally have so much memory storage. It would be better nga lang if Samsung decided to put a flash, since iPod touch doesn't also have a built in flash for the camera, and I think this will help them build their product stronger and market it easier - at the same time, widening the gap when it comes to the two handheld devices (Galaxy and iPod Touch) differences.

#TeamSamsung!
The strategic team of Samsung is very creative. They are making products appealing for both mass and the upper class. Unlike its competitors.
Old 20-08-2012, 11:55 PM   #119
reagan0524

off-topic: goodluck din sa exam namin sa accounting. stress nung 5-hour exam namin.
midterm n!!! hehehe
Old 20-08-2012, 11:56 PM   #120
jezreel

Kuya, that is why I gave an exception,

Based on our lessons, it can not. Why? When an apps is closed in linux, it is closed and not running. It is just cached in the ram. So in Android, cached tasks are just cached, it wont eat battery. Though in some cases, like the facebook app, it runs and uses your connection (wifi) for updates so it really eats up battery life.

And basically, though Facebook/Email runs on the device, it is the wifi/3G connection that really eat ups much of the battery. Apps runs on cpu at very minimal percentage.

So there is really an exception for resources hog apps.

To add on the picture, HTC gains battery life, because Sense UI eats too much battery, while Motorola and Samsung does not. This should be taken into consideration.

Last edited by jezreel; 20-08-2012 at 11:59 PM..